Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Yellow Door, Fall Quilting, Quilting

My sister Joyce is an excellent Longarm Quilter and I am blessed that she quilts my projects for me. She is reasonable and quick so if you need some quilting, let me know, I will put you in touch with her. The quilting on this quilt is beautiful. Click to enlarge so you can see all the details she has put into it.








This is my latest project. A fall quilt from charm squares with falling leaves in the border . . . it matches my Presidential Pardon wall hanging . . . perhaps it will be done by Thanksgiving . . . the beautiful fall colors make the living room just blossom . . . I am excited to have a moment to make something for myself . . . it doesn't happen very often.









I had considered adding the wall hanging behind the door to the open area but have decided it should be filled with glass and become the door to a display case. It would look great with a mirror in it and placed on the hall wall so all who walk down the hall would see themselves but that might become a bit scary. It is a short door that was to a window display. Yellow is a perfect color for this door. I am fortunate to have this bit of history from Miami, AZ.


Happy Quilting,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment