Monday, July 5, 2010

Not too Shabby

I just love the details in the legs of this table.  It is elegant and a wonderful shabby look.
I have sanded just a bit to give it a worn look.

I am really liking the fine accents found in this piece.  It was unusable as it was, stained and the veneer coming off.  It was unpainted, so I sanded lightly, wiped it off and began painting with an off white paint.  I tend to add to much paint when I paint but the finish is nice and I don't want paint chipping off each time you touch it.
The table is not blue, just a shadow.  It should have a leaf but one was not available.

This dresser cleaned up nicely and sold the next day.

The Chiffarobe sold yesterday and the new shabby table will take it's place in the booth.
I did not think I could paint furniture but it is easy and fun.  You just have to pay attention to what you are doing and have paint clothes.  I am getting better and better at this!!

A new pattern for the Whimsical Flowers Block of the Month will be available on July 12th for your enjoyment.


Happy Quilting,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment