Friday, June 25, 2010

A Before and After



















This little chest of drawers just screamed fix me please.  It is now white with Fleur d' les knobs on each drawer.  I just sanded and painted 3 times and then applied a polyacrylic varnish.

This precious beauty started out special with hot pink and forest green applied everywhere.  I put Kilz on it, sanded, painted 3 times with gloss white, sanded between each layer, then put on 3 coats of varnish.  I spray painted the knobs for the white dresser black.  it is so fun to do this.  I loved the details when I first saw it.  There are 3 drawers behind the door in the center.
This is some of the drawer details you might like to see.

Be inspired, think outside your box and have lots of fun.  Talk to you soon . . .
Oh by the way, I am still working on my whimsical flowers block to show everyone.


Happy Quilting,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment