Friday, June 18, 2010

Things Happening 'round Here

I have this darling bench on my patio and decided it needed a cute pad and pillows.  I just traced the bottom of the bench to a large piece of paper, allowed for the ties where the arms attach and then transfered this to the wrong side of fabric, placed right sides together, placed batting, cut to the exact side as the fabric, together.  I cut 3 pieces 1 1/2" x 18" for ties, folded them in half and then turned the edges to the center, stitched it on the machine.  I placed the ties in between the rsf, stitched all the way around, leaving 8" at the center back for turning, turned, pressed, hand stitched opening closed and tied it down.  The pillows were just left over fabric, cut into rectangles.

It is cute fun and just says Summer, Here I come!


Happy Quilting, Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment