Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Reason for the Season


I will share a small bit of my Nativity collection. Each year I either purchase one or one is given to me. Each one has a special meaning for me. Mary with Child was given to me by my sister. I love the Lifesighs cards and now she has made this. My piece is signed by the artist. It reminds me of my sister each time I gaze upon it and remember the love she has for me.

This one was given to my boyfriend our first Christmas dating. He did not have one that I could see so since we had only been dating a few weeks, I thought this would be a nice remberance for him. Now that we are married, it is even more special.

In the Spirit of the Season . . . the Real Reason for the Season . . . I pause and remember why it is Christmas . . . what it stands for and who it is about. As I make preprations for family and friends . . . I pause and say a prayer of thanks for all that I have been blessed with, family, friends, job, adversity, hope, joy and Love.

Happy Quilting,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment