Saturday, July 10, 2010

I just loved this little footstool that has a box in it.  It had been broken but we took care of that and gave it a nice off white paint coat, took off the really ugly cover someone had stapled on top of this, the original cover and here it is.  Let me know what you think of it.

This is my shabby sofa table that was too new to put in the booth.  We used Gripper to prime it and cover the shinny surface, perhaps it was a laminate.  It was then painted off white and then varnished.  The original knobs were gold so I sprayed them black.  I love the legs, ever so shabby.
This is my metal stool, I just gave it a quick spray paint job and sanded it a bit.  And this is my lovely round table for four.  It was in bad shape but we just loved it a bit and now it is just as cute as can be. 
I have always wanted to make furniture shabby but was not brave enough.  Now I just trudge ahead and it seems to work out just fine.
Walk boldly in the direction of your future!

Happy Quilting,
 Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment